This is essentially what I do on a daily basis to lose weight.
I repeat certain exercises throughout the day if I sit for long periods of time and use a pedometer to track my steps. It’s recommended that the average person take 10,000 steps per day, so I use that as my goal.
I don’t currently have a set routine because I am trying to find out what I can stick to on a daily basis. My biggest goal for 2013 is to walk at least one mile per day and increase to three miles per day by June.
Technically, anything you consume is a diet. I don’t believe in trendy ways of losing weight. Before I made the decision to get healthy and get into shape, I would drink multiple regular sodas and energy drinks per day and consumed mostly high fat and sodium-rich foods. Here are some of the things I have changed to work towards my goals.
- Drink 4-6 16 oz bottles of water per day
- Replace unhealthy snacks with fruits and veggies
- Choose diet soda if the craving strikes
- Eat whole grains rather than refined grains
- Cut portions in half and eat slowly
- Don’t eat fast food or junk food
- Don’t eat after 21:00
- Choose healthy snack bars over candy or chips
- Stick to the serving size listed on the box
Another issue I am still currently battling is emotional response eating. Whenever I used to become stressed or depressed I would eat. I would also eat when I wasn’t hungry and I would continuously consume unhealthy food throughout the day. I have been able to almost entirely stop these habits. I still break down once in awhile during a bad fit of depression, but I try to at least eat healthy food instead of junk.